Tambourines & Shakers
- WINNER WINNER Pearl Primero Rock Tambourine
- 1ST RUNNER UP Meinl Backbeat Tambourine
- 2ND RUNNER UP Meinl Cajon Foot Tambourine
- 3RD RUNNER UP Grover Pro Percussion Studio-Pro Headless Tambourine_
The perfect complement to any drummer’s rig, Pearl’s new Primero Rock tambourine is sturdy enough to take direct stick hits when mounted on a stand, and its ergonomic grip fits comfortably in your hand whenever you want to shake that thing.
Hand Drums & Percussion
- WINNER WINNER Remo Drum Table – Tunable
- 1ST RUNNER UP Craviotto Wood Timbales
- 2ND RUNNER UP Grover Pro Percussion BlocKnock
- 3RD RUNNER UP Meinl 10″ African Style Djembe – Traditional Style Hewn
It sounds pretty good, doesn’t it? Kick back with friends and family around the drum table to spin out rhythms while developing new communication skills and ways to collaborate. No wonder it took the top spot this year.
- WINNER WINNER Drummer Wanted: A Reference Guide To Prepare Drummers For Real-World Gigs by Daniel Mullowney
- 1ST RUNNER UP Rhythmic Composition: Featuring The Music Of Porcupine Tree by Gavin Harrison
- 2ND RUNNER UP Sixty-Second Solos For Snare Drum, Timpani, and Mallet Instruments by Sean J. Kennedy
- 3RD RUNNER UP Linear Drum Fills: A Method For Developing Musical Linear-Style Drum Fills by Blake Paulson
Want to learn the rudiments, ambidexterity, double bass chops, and other skills? You’ll find a library packed with method books out there to help sharpen your skills. But apparently our readers really want to know how to get gigs and be competitive, judging by this year’s winning entry.