BY JOE AZEVEDO
What if there was an app for using backing tracks and clicks at performances? Now there is. ShowOne is a new app from Eve6 drummer Tony Fagenson. The ShowOne app, for iPad and iPhone is designed for use by any musician who needs to access backing tracks to augment live performance, from local bands to national acts. It’s designed to close the gap between having to bring a laptop and outboard gear or using a simple solution like iTunes that really doesn’t do the job well. This app, which retails for $8.99, could be of particular importance to drummers, since the job of running the tracks often falls to them. ShowOne takes care of everything so drummers focus on what’s important, the music.
- Automatic click perfectly in sync with your music
- Control each track’s tempo, pitch, volume, start and end trim independently (right from within the app)
- Selectable voice count-offs for any track
- Play Through and One Shot tracks
- Choose from several custom and familiar click sounds
- Import your music fast and privately via cloud (Dropbox, iCloud, Box, etc) or iTunes File Sharing
- Audio is split automatically out headphone jack so the musicians and audience only hear what they need to
- Works with 3rd party interfaces like the Apogee Duet, PreSonus AudioBox iOne/iTwo, and more
- High quality time/pitch algorithm
- Change any set’s song order, add or remove tracks easily
- Click Mute and Click Delay for high levels of control over your time-keeping
- Exclusive ShowOne Crosstalk Control to help reduce crosstalk or bleed when splitting out headphone jack
- Works with most audio files (WAV/AIFF/MP3/AAC), 24 bit and up to 96k
- Bar Counter, Tempo and Pitch displays so you always know where you are
- Show and Set View: two different viewing modes to suit individual needs during shows or rehearsals
- Free version is full-featured, limited to 2 user tracks at a time
- Capable of 4-channel operation. Send a full stereo mix to the audience with further cue routing options (interface required).
For more information visit ShowOneApp.com.