Fusing reliability and flexibility for today’s demanding gigging environment, Pearl has developed Modern Utility: a line of no-nonsense, well-appointed snare drums priced with the active working player in mind.
Modern Utility’s five snare models each feature a 6-ply/5mm all Maple SST shell. Well-appointed with Pearl’s CL Bridge Lug and smooth SR700 strainer, each Modern Utility snare is priced to allow the active working player an expanded voice, flexible enough to add to any setup, and strong enough to stand up to constant play.
Featuring a choice of Matte Natural (#224) or Matte Black (#227) Lacquer finishes, the Modern Utility line-up contains the following models and prices:
- Modern Utility 12″ x 7″ Snare (MUS1270M; $233 MSRP, $139 street)
- Modern Utility 13″ x 5″ Snare (MUS1350M; $233 MSRP, $139 street)
- Modern Utility 14″ x 5.5″ Snare (MUS1455M; MSRP $250, $149 street)
- Modern Utility 14″ x 6.5″ Snare (MUS1465M; $283 MSRP, $169 street)
- Modern Utility 14″ x 8″ Snare (MUS1480M; $333 MSRP, $199 street)
“Being part of the drumming community here in Nashville, we’ve learned most players have heard and seen it all,” says Kevin Packard, Pearl’s Combo Marketing Manager. “With so many playing situations in one town, drummers just want reliable gear that will deliver the goods without a flashy message or promise. Modern Utility snares let you do that.”